With more and more people working from home these days, creating the perfect home office is something that is on many people’s minds. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, people were forced to find a place in their homes that would serve as an office, classroom, etc. You deserve a home office that you adore, and we have provided some tips for helping you create one.
Creating the Perfect Home Office
Whether your home office is a space for running a business, your remote workplace, an area for school work and e-learning, or just an area for organizing and paying bills; your home office is a space that should be designed for you and a room in your home that you love.
Things to consider when creating the perfect home office:
- Adequate Space: Before you select an area of your home for your perfect home office, you should have an idea on the furniture and items you will be putting in the space. Consider if you need file cabinets or shelving, dual monitors (you may need a larger desk), etc. It is important to measure the area, to ensure you will have room to fit everything you need and be able to easily access items.
- Privacy: We have all heard about, and probably witnessed, pets and family members invading people’s office space while they are on a video conference. You should find a location for your office that allows you to have privacy when needed. Consider the traffic flow in the area and your ability to withstand distractions. Do you work best in the middle of chaos and activity, or should your office be tucked away in a quieter space?
- Understand the Functionality: If your home office is going to be rarely used or for short periods of time in each setting, appearance may outweigh the importance of comfort. If you are going to spend extended periods of time in your home office, you should find furniture that keeps you comfortable. Finding the right desk, chair, etc. are key to your health when you are going to be sitting for long periods of time.
- Style and Decor: As with any room in your home, your home office should represent you and your style. Find decor that keeps you motivated and energized. If possible, select a space that has access to a window so you can embrace the natural light throughout the day.
- Your Budget: As with any room you remodel, you can spend a small amount or a large amount on just one simple piece of furniture. Know what your budget is before you start looking for furniture to furnish your perfect home office. There are a lot of used office furniture options that you can look into if you are on a budget.
- Know the Use of the Space: Many people create their home office in spaces that will serve a dual purpose. Maybe it’s a spare bedroom, an office for other members of the household, a sunroom, etc., regardless, when you are creating the perfect home office, you should have a plan for the space prior to designing it. Whether you are going to put a bed in the room or multiple desks, you should know that before you start planning and buying furniture for the space.
Home offices are more popular now than ever, and you should be able to create the perfect home office for you and your home.
At Office Furniture Warehouse we have over 4 acres of new and pre-owned furniture to help you create the perfect home office. We offer Ashley home office furniture and many other brands.